[Cbe-oss-dev] PS3 Remasterysys

Art Pomber tompomber at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 3 20:15:00 EST 2008

Thanks, Geoff. I think I've almost got this live cd working!

Now when I boot the cd, if I just hit enter, then usplash comes on for a while, but then it drops me to a busybox shell. Entering any options at boot time results in the busybox shell, without usplash.

The kernel and initrd.gz that I used were the ones from /boot on the filesystem that I backed up using Remastersys. The iso contains these directories and files:

casper - filesystem.manifest, filesystem.manifest-desktop, filesystem.squashfs, initrd.gz, vmlinux
etc - kboot.conf, kboot.msg
PS3 - the otheros folder containing otheros.bld

And here's my kboot.conf:

message=/etc/kboot.msg
root=/dev/sr0
timeout=300
default=live
live='/casper/vmlinux initrd=/casper/initrd.gz boot=casper quiet splash --'
install='/casper/vmlinux initrd=/casper/initrd.gz boot=casper quiet splash only-ubiquity --'

Does anyone know what could be causing this problem?

Thanks,