[Cbe-oss-dev] [announce] PS3 Linux Distributor's Starter Kit (v1.8) released&In-Reply-To=<48504408.8060905 at am.sony.com>

David Delon delon at iut.u-clermont1.fr
Wed Jul 2 22:54:50 EST 2008

hello,

i own a 60GB HD model PS3.
i'm trying to use last stable LDSK (v1.8) but
kboot does NOT see the HD:
'fdisk -l' shows me nothing except my USB key.
Same problem with the corresponding vmlinux when i start a debian installation,
as if PS3_DISK support was missing!?

- i've installed successfully ydl v5 (with its own otheros.bld) so i definitively think
my hardware is ok (kboot shows me /dev/sda)
- trying the vmlinux-2.6.25 extracted from the rpm package also provided in the LDSK, hangs the PS3
- otheros.bld from the previous LDSK (v20080201) crashes at boot.

I've browsed the net but nobody seems to have such a problem!
I've checked the md5 sums of the copied binaries.
I've read many times the very good howtos of 'Geoff'
but i must miss something...

Any idea is welcome.
Thanks a lot

--