[Cbe-oss-dev] GELIC Wifi problems

Adam Clark noaddress at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 19:44:58 EST 2008

Hey guys,
  I have compiled up a kernel from todays sources and am having
difficulty getting the wireless association to work.

iwlist lists wifi networks around, iwconfig lists eth1 as having wifi
extensions but I am unable to obtain an association to my access
point.

I have a cisco access point so I can see when attempts are made to
associate through debugging.

# iwconfig eth1 essid <myssid>
# iwconfig eth1 key <my 26 digit wep key>
# iwconfig eth1 mode Managed
# ifconfig eth1 up

That makes the green light go on, but it stays steady, no association.

This procedure works fine with the kernel from Fedora 7, but I know
that the wifi is completely different now (seperate devices for wired
and wireless)

I have updated iwconfig to the latest development release also.

Is there any other things I need to do to enable wifi to work now that
it is two separate devices?

Regards

Adam