[Cbe-oss-dev] problem with the signal_type of SPU in SPUFS

Hidetaka Takano hidetaka.takano at glb.toshiba.co.jp
Fri Feb 29 21:39:07 EST 2008

Hello SPUFS maintainer,

I am working on Toolchain for Cell/B.E. system.

I found a problem of SPUFS for spu-gdb/ppu-gdb.

Would you fix it?

Details are as follows:

The spu-gdb/ppu-gdb has functions to display SPE MFC's information.
One of them, the "info spu signal" command, is not working good.
It almost always returns "Override".
Especially, by collaborating Cell IDE Eclipse, the value seems quite strange.

This problem is caused by what the GDB's internal function expects
 the entry of SPUFS should have the LF code (0x0a) and null (0x00) in its end.
The only signal_type doesn't have it.
The others (ex. event_status and event_mask) are no problem.

In order to fix this problem, of course, only working around by GDB is OK.
But I think the SPUFS is needed to be modified so.

I've also already asked the GDB maintainer to work around it.

Best regard.
---
Hidetaka TAKANO (Toshiba Information Systems (JAPAN) Corp.)
TOSHIBA CORPORATION Semiconductor Company
Broadband System LSI Division (at Ome Complex)