[Cbe-oss-dev] How to insert my own kernel in Cell SDK

Julio M. Merino Vidal jmerino at ac.upc.edu
Sat Feb 23 00:47:17 EST 2008

On Feb 22, 2008, at 12:19 , Charan wrote:

> I'm having 2 quection here....
>
> I'm using FC6 on intel(x86 -32 bit) where I installed Cell SDK 2.1
> it operates on default kernel linux-2.6.20-CBE
> 1. Can I install other linux kernel with my added patch to that kernel
> (Here I want add my own patch thats why I had to install kernel
> from begining that is configuration ---> Compiling -----> may be
> install   or Loading vmlinux image....)

I assume you want to use the simulator, don't you?  If so, just copy
the linux kernel image (with the name vmlinux) to the same directory
where you have your simulator tcl script and start it.  The startup
script will find a vmlinux in the current directory and use it.

Oh, and you should update to Cell SDK 3.

> 2. How can I cross compile the linux using Cell SDK tool chain ???

If you have the ppu-gcc cross compiler in your path, set these
variables in the environment:

ARCH=powerpc
CROSS_COMPILE=ppu-

And then configure and build linux as usual.