[Cbe-oss-dev] about PS3 MMIO thermal register access

Tony Frank dtustudy at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 19 11:11:15 EST 2008

Hi,
  please add me to the mailing list

I am doing thermal research about CELL .

I have read some posts about :
Cell: add support for the two additional temperature sensors

http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/arnd/patches/2.6.17-arnd8/broken-out/cell-thermal-ppe.diff

I can not find the files :
/sys/devices/system/cpu/cpuX/temperatureX

  I can not find the thermal.c file in

linus-2.6/arch/powerpc/platforms/cell/

I only find cbe_thermal.ko in :

/lib/modules/2.6.18-CBE/kernel/arch/powerpc/platforms/cell/cbe_thermal.ko

I have also tried to find some patches that can enable me to access MMIO registers on PS3. But, I failed.

How can I access the thermal sensors and get the temperatures  of PPU and SPU on PS3 ?

  Or , is it possible to reformat PalyStation 3 and install only linux RED HAT 5.1 on it ?
There is a hypervisor in PS3 that prevents me from accessing the MMIO registers.

thanks

Tony

Feb. 18 2008