[Cbe-oss-dev] elaboration of Axon driver?

Marcus G. Daniels mdaniels at lanl.gov
Fri Dec 19 00:49:09 EST 2008

Hi Arnd,
> I can't currently reproduce the problem here, but it would be interesting
> to instrument the device driver to check how this happened. The specific
> address should be used when you ask for a dma with 'remote status update'.

Yeah, I found experimentally that the AXON_DMAFLAG_WRITE_REMOTE_STATUS
was the trigger.  The workaround I have now is to read(2) on the device
on the local end, with the device configured for
AXON_DMAFLAG_LOCAL_COMPLETION_SIGNAL.   Then I use the sma memory map to
copy over a signal to the remote (Opteron) side.  This doesn't happen
when the local side is the Opteron.  And it seems that this workaround
only works for a read(2) on the local end.  read on the remote just
waits and waits.

Marcus