[Cbe-oss-dev] PS3 LDSK LOCATION

Geoff Levand geoffrey.levand at am.sony.com
Wed Dec 10 10:18:27 EST 2008

Hi,

It seems your post was delayed by the list moderator...

Schwingler, Lee wrote:
> I am trying to do an install of Fedora Core 10 on my PS3 here, and I am
> looking through your FTP folder and I cannot seem to find the PS3 LDSK
> image which is supposed to be at
> 'ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/geoff/cell/' according to
> the Fedora Core 10 release notes.

To install Fedora 10 you should just need to install a bootloader
if you haven't done so or want a recent version (latest is
ps3-petitboot-experimental-08.08.15.bld):

  http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/geoff/cell/ps3-petitboot/

Then burn the DVD image Fedora-10-ppc-DVD.iso available from a mirror here:

  http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/publiclist/Fedora/10/ppc/

And just do a normal Fedora install, nothing PS3 specific.

I had a report that the GUI installer works OK, but I always use text
mode, and also set the video to higher res, by appending this to the
installer boot command:

  'install video=720p text'

The PS3 Linux Distro Kit is not really intended for end users, and is
now more or less obsolete.  The separate packages are available here:

  http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/geoff/cell/

Fedora should install the ps3-utils for you.  Is there something
you were looking for?