[Cbe-oss-dev] Error Compiling ps3-utils-2.3

Geoff Levand geoffrey.levand at am.sony.com
Tue Dec 2 05:25:45 EST 2008

John Frankish wrote:
> I've compiled a clfs multi-lib build on a ps3 (dual boot with ydl-6)
> and wanted to compile ps3-utils - ./configure complained that it
> could not find ps3av.h even though I'd previously built the
> 2.6.27.4  kernel headers and copied them to /usr/include.

Those were not complaints, just autoconf info:

checking asm/ps3av.h usability... no
checking asm/ps3av.h presence... no
checking for asm/ps3av.h... no
checking whether PS3AV_MODE_MASK is declared... no
checking whether PS3AV_MODE_RGB is declared... no
checking whether PS3AV_MODE_FULL is declared... no
checking whether PS3AV_MODE_WHITE is declared... no
checking whether PS3AV_MODE_COLOR is declared... no
checking whether PS3AV_MODE_DITHER is declared... no
checking whether PS3AV_MODE_HDCP_OFF is declared... no

> Is there another source for the file?

As Geert mentioned the kernel header ps3av.h is no longer
used.  The def's are now in ps3-utils' ps3-av.h.