[Cbe-oss-dev] A couple of MARS questions

tthompso at eecs.utk.edu tthompso at eecs.utk.edu
Mon Dec 1 09:37:12 EST 2008

> The context does not currently get saved during a system call if there
> is no other context waiting to run. Where did you get that information?

Sorry, I mean with respect to the MARS library (not libspe or the system
at large). When a task running MARS calls the 'yield' MARS function, I
believe the MARS 'kernel' swaps out task's context. Otherwise the
partial_context_save demo application included in the MARS library
wouldn't show any difference between a full and partial context save time.

-Thad