[Cbe-oss-dev] openssl

Neil Costigan neil.costigan at computing.dcu.ie
Mon Aug 25 05:23:03 EST 2008

> Today's Topics:
>
>    1. openSSL (kendall green)

> Message: 1
> Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2008 15:30:01 -0500
> From: "kendall green" <kendall.green at gmail.com>
> Subject: [Cbe-oss-dev] openSSL
> To: cbe-oss-dev at ozlabs.org
>
> I reconfigured the openssl-0.9.8h with --prefix=/usr and remade,
> tested and installed the upgrade in YDL 6.  I remade the links in
> /usr/lib/libssl.so.0.9.8h and libcrypto.so.0.9.8h. I added
> /usr/localssl/lib to /etc/ld.so.conf and reconfigured ld.  Now openssl
> version reports the correct version 0.9.8h.  I then remade cell/be
> engine and checked it.  Now I get the following: Cell BE engine
> (encryption)
> invalid engine "cell"
> 31915:error 2506406A ...
>
> indicating that it was unable to load the cell engine.  The cell be
> source code is in one directory and openssl-0.9.8h source code is in
> another both children of Downloads.  I made the cell engine with
> OPENSSL_DIR=../openssl-0.9.8h as indicated.  Any suggestions?

i'd some issues and got this extra uidelines from  ASAYAMA Kazunori

   -Fedora 7's openssl + the engine

      Install openssl:
        # yum update openssl openssl-devel

      Build the engine:
        # make

      Check the engine:
        # make check

OR

   -. My own build of openssl 0.9.8h + the engine

      Install openssl:

        # ./Configure shared linux-ppc --prefix=$HOME/opt/openssl
        # make
        # make install

      Build the engine:
        # make EXTRA_CFLAGS=-I$HOME/opt/openssl/include \
               EXTRA_LDFLAGS=-L$HOME/opt/openssl/lib

      Check the engine:
        # export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$HOME/opt/openssl/lib
        # make OPENSSL=$HOME/opt/openssl/bin/openssl check

I recommend you start with 'clean' build environment again:

   1. Clean up your build env.
     i. Uninstall your own build of openssl.
    ii. Remove openssl source code and the engine's source code.

   2. Set up your build env again.
     i. Install Fedora 7's OpenSSL.
          Don't forget to install openssl-devel package.
    ii. Extract openssl source code and the engine's source code.
   iii. Build the engine.