[Cbe-oss-dev] openSSL

kendall green kendall.green at gmail.com
Sun Aug 24 06:30:01 EST 2008

I reconfigured the openssl-0.9.8h with --prefix=/usr and remade,
tested and installed the upgrade in YDL 6.  I remade the links in
/usr/lib/libssl.so.0.9.8h and libcrypto.so.0.9.8h. I added
/usr/localssl/lib to /etc/ld.so.conf and reconfigured ld.  Now openssl
version reports the correct version 0.9.8h.  I then remade cell/be
engine and checked it.  Now I get the following: Cell BE engine
(encryption)
invalid engine "cell"
31915:error 2506406A ...

indicating that it was unable to load the cell engine.  The cell be
source code is in one directory and openssl-0.9.8h source code is in
another both children of Downloads.  I made the cell engine with
OPENSSL_DIR=../openssl-0.9.8h as indicated.  Any suggestions?

--
Kendall Green