[Cbe-oss-dev] Problem with rebuilding latest Linux Kernel for PS3

Nelson Batalha nelson_batalha at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 13 21:29:49 EST 2008

Hi,

I have the same problems w/ 2.6.26 though 2.6.25.4 works ok. Tried with latest kboot and petitboot (which btw doesn't seem to able to scroll down past the last line visible in the screen, at least in 480i).

Below are the steps I took (same as John Cunha), but before I would like to ask the status of ps3 support in the mainstream kernel. Isn't every release after 2.6.23 supposed to work out of the box?

tar xjvf linux-2.6.26.tar.bz2
make mrproper
cp arch/powerpc/configs/ps3_defconfig .config
make oldconfig
make && make modules_install
cp vmlinux /boot/kernel-2.6.26

Booted with
/boot/kernel-2.6.26 video=safe root=/dev/ps3da1
Petitboot returns "boot failed", kboot just loads it and then crashes in the first "page" of output).

Thank you,
Nelson