[Cbe-oss-dev] Petitboot Issue

Jiafu Gao jiafu_gao at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 6 05:51:53 EST 2008

> Petitboot saves the boot option (the one the user selected last boot) to the petitboot db inside the flash.
> The very first time petitboot boots, it initializes the db if not done so already. Since there is no boot option set in db yet, no option is
selected automatically at very first boot.

The logic makes sense. But I would argue that there is no benefit to not selecting a default one even it is the first time. Select the first one will be a logic choice.

> When you try to boot a 2nd time, it should have picked up your last selection and automatically selected it...Did it not?

Since petitboot freeze after I select a boot option, I had no option but force PS3 to reboot by press the power button. I replaced the boot loader with my old otheros.bld since.

Regards,

Jiafu