[Cbe-oss-dev] Petitboot Issue

Jiafu Gao jiafu_gao at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 6 01:53:32 EST 2008

OK, I gave it another try with the newest otheros.bld from http://kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/geoff/cell/ps3-kboot/. It does not work either. So:

Is it possible to update otheros.bld independently with the linux OS? If yes, how?

My theory is that otheros.bld is a boot loader. Provided they are compatible (read the same config file, from the same location), the answer is yes. As to how, the standard PS3 procedure (Install Other OS, Default System->Other OS, and reboot after taking the otheros.bld media out) should work. Note that: I didn't really install other os when PS3 reboot after selection Other OS under Default System since the other os is already installed. I simply remove the otheros.bld media from PS3, and hopefully PS3 will boot the OS I already have on the disk.

Something does not appears to match my theory though... Any thoughts will be appreciated.

Jiafu