[Cbe-oss-dev] WakeOnLan Issue

Jiafu Gao jiafu_gao at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 6 01:40:17 EST 2008

Thanks Geert.

> BTW, which kernel version are you running? Perhaps it predates PS3 WoL support?
Maybe. That is the part I was asking: Geoff's document does not mention the kernel depenencies. It would be like to add that to the doc.

Here is the output of my uname -a:
  Linux ps3 2.6.22-14-cell #1 SMP Tue Feb 12 04:26:05 UTC 2008 ppc64 GNU/Linux
What is the required minimal kernel version?

Can I simply copy Geoff's kernel on my machine and use that to boot linux? I am asking this since I tried several kernel updates in the past, each using install program will change the system in a non-reversible way. I ended up reinstall linux several times. I don't want do that ever again unless I know for sure it will work.

>> The linux on my PS3 is Ubuntu 7.10, which means the otheros.bld is old.
>> Could the old otheros.bld be the problem?
> That should not matter, only the currently running kernel should matter
> (you're not running ethtool from the kboot prompt, do you?).

No. I am running ethtool after Ubutnu started up. Good to know that otheros.bld does not matter.

Thanks again.

Jiafu