[Cbe-oss-dev] ps3-linux.git: legacy bootloader hack to be removed

Robert McGwier rwmcgwier at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 11:46:53 EST 2007

Julio M. Merino Vidal wrote:

>>> Yes, but that did not fix it.
>>>
>>> Sorry for not mailing earlier, but I already found the solution: I
>>> had to move /etc/kboot.conf to /boot/etc/kboot.conf to make it work.
>>> Why is that?
>> Do you have a separate /boot partition?
>
> No.  (This is a Fedora Core 6 installation from March or so.)

using the kboot from Geoff,  the 2.6.23 kernel on the addon disk from
his site,  my machines (four PS3's) have FC7 running on them. One of
them has a separate /boot, the others do not.

What the kboot IS looking for is

/etc/yaboot.conf

on ALL of these machines since there is no kboot.conf in the /etc/
directory and "kboot" from  cat /etc/kboot.conf at the kboot prompt is a
translation of yaboot into kboot format.

Bob McGwier