[Cbe-oss-dev] Fwd: adding virtual SPU timers

Arnd Bergmann arnd at arndb.de
Tue Oct 23 01:19:37 EST 2007

On Monday 22 October 2007, Dean Burdick wrote:
> I like the idea of maintaining both the wall time and a delta.  This would
> allow us to provide both real time (for trace timestamps) and virtual time
> (for measurements/timers) at the same time with the library.

Any ideas on how the SPU code should get at the offset? If we require
a syscall for every timer operation, that will significantly limit the
accuracy and add latency to the library functions.

Also, I'm still not sure what times should be included in the offset
between virtual time by the kernel (see the list from my original
mail).

	Arnd <><