[Cbe-oss-dev] PATCH [4/7] decouple spu scheduler from spufs_spu_run [asynchronous scheduling]

Luke Browning lukebr at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Sat Nov 24 05:27:34 EST 2007

On Fri, 2007-11-23 at 15:37 -0200, Luke Browning wrote:

> I think all we need to do is change the order of the patches to avoid
> this deadlock.  "Patch [7/7] fix timeslicing" can be dropped ahead of
> "Patch [4/7] decouple spu scheduler ...".  This provides a more elegant
> solution IMO.

Well, I take that back.  My comment is more conceptual in nature. The
solution that I applied in patch 7 is better..., but you can't just
apply 7 ahead of 4.  We could probably push part of the solution from
patch 7 into 4, but I am not sure it is worth it to have standalone
functioning patches.  What do you think?

Luke