[Cbe-oss-dev] dtc project page

Julio M. Merino Vidal jmerino at ac.upc.edu
Mon Nov 19 08:11:03 EST 2007

On 18/11/2007, at 21:47, Josh Boyer wrote:

> On Sun, 18 Nov 2007 17:01:11 +0100
> "Julio M. Merino Vidal" <jmerino at ac.upc.edu> wrote:
>
>> Hello:
>>
>> I'm afraid this is not the correct list to ask this, but I'm doing so
>> anyway for two reasons: dtc is hosted at ozlabs.org as this list is,
>> and you all need to use dtc to build cell kernels, so you will
>> probably have an answer.
>>
>> dtc.ozlabs.org seems to be down, and it has been for multiple days
>> already.  I have found an alternate(?) version of the sources at
>> git://www.jdl.com/software/; is that the correct place now?  If so,
>> the main page at ozlabs.org should be updated.  Otherwise, if the
>> maintainer is here, please fix the page.
>
> Yes, www.jdl.com/software/ is the canonical source for DTC.  It has
> been for some time.

OK, thanks.

>> At last, and unrelated to the above, how come there are no prebuilt
>> packages for dtc?
>
> There are, depending on your distribution.  Fedora carries dtc.  I
> believe there are others that do as well.

Yeah, sorry... I figured that out after having been working on a spec
file for it for an hour.  But I am pretty sure that when I tried 'yum
install dtc' recently (and a while ago too) it did not work.  (Maybe
the build of the package was broken and therefore it didn't show up.)

Thanks,

--
Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmerino at ac.upc.edu>