[Cbe-oss-dev] 回复: Re: camera to run on a Fedora Core 6 on PS3?

KINGLJ kinglj1023 at yahoo.com.cn
Thu May 31 23:51:48 EST 2007

I built the 2.6.16 kernel, set CONFIG_VIDEO_DEV=y, CONFIG_USB_DABUSB=y, then make and make modules-install.

In the new kernel,  I make gspcav1, then the same error as the last time.
The main errnos as follows:

include/asm/mmu.h:401: error: ‘SID_SHIFT’ undeclared (first use in this
function)
include/asm/pgtable.h:42:50: warning: "SID_SHIFT" is not defined
include/asm/pgtable.h:43:2: error: #error TASK_SIZE_USER64 exceeds user VSID
range
include/linux/mm.h:462:2: error: #error SECTIONS_WIDTH+NODES_WIDTH+ZONES_WIDTH >
FLAGS_RESERVED

I google SID_SHIFT, found that  Defined as a preprocessor macro in: include/asm-powerpc/page_64.h, line 30,  but  I just found a page.h in :include/asm with no definition of SID_SHIFT.

Is that means when change the kernel configuration, I should and add somethings else?

Thanks in advance.
lujun

Geoff Levand <geoffrey.levand at am.sony.com> 写道: KINGLJ wrote:
> I'm trying to adapt camera to run on a Fedora Core 6 installation on a
>
> Playstation 3:
>
> # uname -a
>
> Linux localhost.localdomain 2.6.16 #1 SMP Wed Nov 8 07:25:31 JST 2006 ppc64
>
> ppc64 ppc64 GNU/Linux
>
> #yum install kernel-devel.ppc64
>
> But the kernel-devel.ppc64 is 2.6.18-1.2798.fc6, not 2.6.16

Fedora Core 6 does not support the PS3, so you can't run a FC6 updated
kernel because it won't have PS3 support in it.  I guess it might not
hurt anything if you did install it.

> I downloaded the drive gspcav1-20070508 from http://mxhaard.free.fr/
>
> include/asm/mmu.h: In function 锟斤拷hpte_encode_r锟斤拷:
> include/asm/mmu.h:212: warning: integer constant is too large for 锟斤拷unsigned long

> Can anybody give me any hints what might be done to correct these compiling
> problems?

This problem is not PS3 specific, but just how to build a linux kernel I think.
I recommend you first try to build the original 2.6.16 kernel from unmodified sources,
then try to modified those.  This ML is not really for general 'how to build a
linux kernel' type questions, nor for questions on how to use gspcav1.

Good luck.