[Cbe-oss-dev] [RFC/PATCH 2/2] spufs: Add a "capabilities" file to spu contexts

Ulrich Weigand Ulrich.Weigand at de.ibm.com
Wed May 30 23:40:31 EST 2007

Benjamin Herrenschmidt <benh at kernel.crashing.org> wrote on 05/30/2007
03:54:14 AM:

> On Tue, 2007-05-29 at 20:51 -0500, Mike Kistler wrote:
> > I added support for single stepping a few months ago ... as soon as I
> > learned you might be interested in using this feature.  I should be
> > available in the SDK 2.1 version of the sim.  However, I don't think
> > there is an easy check to determine if the support is there or not.
> >  If this is important, I could probably figure out something (like a
> > version number check or something).
>
> Hrm... do we care then ? Looks good enough to me since the feature will
> only be in SDK3. If you're using an SDK3 kernel + gdb on a SDK2.0
> systemsim, you ought to have trouble anyway :-)

In fact, at least the GDB part will only become available *after* SDK3.
So I think simply assuming simulator support will be there should be fine.

Mit freundlichen Gruessen / Best Regards

Ulrich Weigand

--
  Dr. Ulrich Weigand | Phone: +49-7031/16-3727
  GNU compiler/toolchain for Linux on System z and Cell BE