[Cbe-oss-dev] Call/return from PPE to SPE functions

Arnd Bergmann arnd at arndb.de
Wed May 30 21:06:16 EST 2007

On Wednesday 30 May 2007, Julio M. Merino Vidal wrote:
> A while ago I made a simple diagram that outlines how the scheduler
> works.  I'm attaching it.  Maybe anybody could confirm if it is
> correct? :-)  I'm sure it misses something, but I hope the overall
> structure is correct.

Two corrections:

* The context may already be present on an SPU, in which case
we don't need to look for a free one, but simply start running.

* With the latest code, we do time slicing also for non real time
threads, so all contexts may alternate between running and waiting
while on the run queue.

	Arnd <><