[Cbe-oss-dev] [RFC] Reading Local Store base address from SPU using stop-and-signal with kernel support

Cédric Augonnet cedric.augonnet at gmail.com
Wed May 23 20:12:07 EST 2007

2007/5/23, D. Herrendoerfer <d.herrendoerfer at herrendoerfer.name>:
> Hi Cédric,
>
> there is already an effort underway to make this happen. The
> planned method, however is slightly different.
> We plan to extend the SPE ABI to pass the Local Store base
> address to the crt0. The startup code can then store it for
> later use.
> It's good to see that others need this too.
>
> Best regards,
>
> D. Herrendoerfer

Hi all,

First thanks for your reactions. It indeed sounds like that having
some ABI changes makes it way cleaner, and way more efficient.
I must admit I am not a huge fan of the stop-and-signal way to get
that information anyhow, so provided your answer i'm pleased to see
that we don't have to go to such an extreme solution.

Thus i really keep looking for that feature, which i do believe can be helpful.
Regards,
Cédric