[Cbe-oss-dev] Lifetime of SPE contexts & gangs

Gerhard Stenzel gerhard.stenzel at de.ibm.com
Thu May 10 00:05:37 EST 2007

Jeremy Kerr <jk at ozlabs.org> wrote on 05/09/2007 11:43:49 AM:

> > So far, we mainly see this problem, if an application exits without
> > cleaning up properly. So, my preference would be the second option.
>
> All of my proposed options will fix this - is there a particular
> preference for the second?

The third option does something like spe_context_remove_from_gang(), i.e.
removes contexts from a gang. If we want such a functionality, we should
define an API function for it.
I have no preference between first or second option, given that both fix
the missing clean up.

Best regards,

Gerhard Stenzel, Linux on Cell Development, LTC

IBM Deutschland Entwicklung GmbH
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Johann Weihen | Geschäftsführung: Herbert
Kircher
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Böblingen | Registergericht: Amtsgericht Stuttgart,
HRB 243294