[Cbe-oss-dev] Lifetime of SPE contexts & gangs

Jeremy Kerr jk at ozlabs.org
Wed May 9 15:24:58 EST 2007

Michael,

> I like this idea best .. because I thought of it perhaps :)  Why
> would libspe get confused? Because it remembers the path or
> something?

libspe doesn't use the context paths once the context has been created
(it uses the *at() syscalls to access the context's files), but I'm not
entirely sure what assumptions it makes about the presence of contexts
within a gang when created. A cursory glance would suggest that it
should be fine though.

Same goes for the scheduler - I get the impression that the gang system
is still a work-in-progress, and I'm not sure of the potential effects
of contexts moving out of gangs after creation. Christoph?

Cheers,

Jeremy