[Cbe-oss-dev] PS3 kexec-tools

Geoff Levand geoffrey.levand at am.sony.com
Tue May 8 11:32:19 EST 2007

Hi.

For the convenience of anyone working on kexec with PS3, I made a git
repository that has my patches and source code with necessary changes
here:

  git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/geoff/ps3-kexec-tools.git

The current sources can only support building kexec as a 64 bit binary.
The unapplied patch ppc64-32-bit-build.diff (a rebase from David
Woodhouse's kexec-tools-1.101-ppc-boots-ppc64.patch) is a WIP to build
kexec as a 32 bit binary.

I used the following to build kexec cross with the IBM SDK 2.1 toolchain
(built on ubuntu 7.04 and FC7).

  export PATH=/opt/cell/bin:$PATH
  autoconf
  ./configure CC=ppu-gcc CFLAGS='-g -O0 -DDEBUG' LD=ppu-ld AS=ppu-as OBJCOPY=ppu-objcopy AR=ppu-ar ARCH=ppc64 --without-zlib --host=powerpc64
  make

To run on ubuntu-7.04 I needed to install the 64 bit libc package:

  sudo apt-get install libc6-ppc64