[Cbe-oss-dev] ps3 linux kernel & wifi

Geert Uytterhoeven Geert.Uytterhoeven at sonycom.com
Mon May 7 03:53:37 EST 2007

On Sun, 6 May 2007, David Woodhouse wrote:
> On Sun, 2007-05-06 at 11:47 +0200, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
> > Indeed. The old storage driver used the SCSI framework, while the new one (at
> > least the disk part) uses the block layer directly. Hence the new device names
> > `ps3d' instead of `sd'.
> >
> > If you use udev and file system labels, everything should still work fine.
>
> Does the module get automatically loaded by udev too?

Actually I didn't test that, but I followed your patches for other PS3 drivers
as examples ;-)

The new storage drivers are PS3 system bus devices, so if e.g. gelic is
automatically loaded now, ps3disk and ps3flash should work, too.

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

						Geert

--
Geert Uytterhoeven -- Sony Network and Software Technology Center Europe (NSCE)
Geert.Uytterhoeven at sonycom.com ------- The Corporate Village, Da Vincilaan 7-D1