[Cbe-oss-dev] ps3 linux kernel & wifi

nick kama terminatore at gmail.com
Sun May 6 18:34:58 EST 2007

Hello,

I'm sorry to trouble you, i build a ps3 kernel  in ubuntu 7.04   using the
source you provide linux/kernel/git/geoff/ps3-linux.git
<http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/geoff/ps3-linux.git;a=summary>  .

At the boot time the system hang looking for root device , and after a while
i figured out that device name changed and all i need to do is to replace in
kboot.conf    sda1 with ps3da1 and so on .. I  wonder if this is normal or
did i miss something ?

Anyway now kernel boots but  i was'nt able to deal with wireless : iwconfig
tells me that eth0 has wireless extension but actually i'm not able to get
ip , or set any parameter. What i want to know if wireless under linux is
supposed to work  with  firmware 1.5 of ps3 or only with later version.

Many many thanks

Niccolo' Camarlinghi