[Cbe-oss-dev] [patch 09/18] spufs: refuse loading the module when not running on cell

Arnd Bergmann arnd at arndb.de
Wed May 2 08:52:41 EST 2007

On Monday 30 April 2007, Jeremy Kerr wrote:
> > This refuses to load the module on platforms that have no
> > support for SPUs.
>
> We do the same check during module init (rather than during get_sb()) in
> the powerpc tree, at ccf17e9d008dfebbf90dfa4ee1a56e81c784c73e. Do we
> need both?

Yes. The one you mentioned keeps the system from crashing during bootup,
this one is a cosmetic fix that Dave wanted to make installation easier
on non-cell machines. This way, fedora can try mounting spufs during
installation, and if it doesn't mount it, it also doesn't need to add
spufs to fstab.

	Arnd <><