[Cbe-oss-dev] Bluetooth support for PS3 SIXAXIS on Linux ?
pascal at pabr.org
Tue Mar 27 10:31:01 EST 2007
I would like to connect a SIXAXIS to a Linux PS3 in Bluetooth mode.
It looks like:
1. The pairing procedure between the SIXAXIS and the PS3 is not
2. The pairing is not shared between GameOS and Linux.
3. There is no publicly available specification of the pairing
4. The SIXAXIS is not discoverable as a Bluetooth device with
"hcitool scan", even after pressing the "PS" button or the
reset button on the back.
5. The pairing (key setup or MAC address lookup) is probably done
6. There is no reason to believe that Sony would actively prevent
customers from using the SIXAXIS in Bluetooth mode with Linux
(e.g. with extra crypto on top of Bluetooth or USB).
7. It might be possible to understand the pairing procedure with
a USB protocol analyzer.
Any comments before I investigate further ?
More information about the cbe-oss-dev