[Cbe-oss-dev] ? on a Fedora Core 6 on PS3?

Daichi Furusaka furusaka at fixstars.com
Mon Jun 4 17:54:37 EST 2007

Hi, KingLJ

Now, I try to use USB WebCam for using the computer vision library
on PLAYSTATION3 Linux.  And we provide some patches and build-scripts
in order to enable GSPCA cameras.

You may find the hints in these patches and scripts.
The files and HowTos are deployed in the following pages.

- Kernel patches for webcam support
http://cell.fixstars.com/opencv/index.php/Download

- How to rebuild and install kernel (and cameras)
http://cell.fixstars.com/opencv/index.php/Install

  - The supported kernel is 2.6.16.
  - PS3Linux is v130 -- Add-on CD released on 25th Apr
  - Tested on FC6

Please see the build script (file: build_gspca_module) in the tarball
build-opencv-kernel.tar.gz .

I hope it'll help you.
--
Daichi <furusaka at fixstars.com>
Fixstars Corporation.

On Thu, 31 May 2007 10:44:06 -0700
Geoff Levand <geoffrey.levand at am.sony.com> wrote:

> KINGLJ wrote:
> > I built the 2.6.16 kernel, set CONFIG_VIDEO_DEV=y, CONFIG_USB_DABUSB=y, then make and make modules-install.
>
> It should run on the PS3.  If not then, you need to fix that
> probelm before the next.
>
> > In the new kernel,  I make gspcav1, then the same error as the last time.
> > The main errnos as follows:
> >
> > include/asm/mmu.h:401: error: ??SID_SHIFT?? undeclared (first use in this
> > function)
> > include/asm/pgtable.h:42:50: warning: "SID_SHIFT" is not defined
> > include/asm/pgtable.h:43:2: error: #error TASK_SIZE_USER64 exceeds user VSID
> > range
> > include/linux/mm.h:462:2: error: #error SECTIONS_WIDTH+NODES_WIDTH+ZONES_WIDTH >
> > FLAGS_RESERVED
> >
> > I google SID_SHIFT, found that  Defined as a preprocessor macro in: include/asm-powerpc/page_64.h, line 30,  but
I just found a page.h in :include/asm with no definition of SID_SHIFT.