[Cbe-oss-dev] Debugging the PS3 cell processor

Dave B. Sharp daveb_sharp at yahoo.ca
Sun Jun 3 03:27:39 EST 2007

Hello there,
  I’m doing a graduate project at the University of
Ottawa based on the Playstation 3. I have been trying
for the past month or so to come up with some sort of
practical debugging solution given the heterogeneous
multi-processor nature of the Cell, so I can move on
the real part of the project. Ideally I would like a
solution such as kgdb but have not had any success
trying to patch a PS3 kernel for this purpose or find
anyone that has done so. Could you tell me if such a
solution exists; if not what approach has been used
for debugging a Cell processor?

   Cheers
    Dave B. Sharp