[Cbe-oss-dev] compile different on different platform

KINGLJ kinglj1023 at yahoo.com.cn
Sat Jun 2 18:54:48 EST 2007

Hi,

I cross-compiled the PS3 kernel on a FC-Intel-based machine with the Cell SDK2.1, and I compiled the PS3 kernel on PS3, but the something different.

When I compiled on the PS3:

d: arch/powerpc/kernel/built-in.o section .init.text exceeds stub group size
ld: init/built-in.o section .init.text exceeds stub group size
ld: net/built-in.o section .text exceeds stub group size
ld: drivers/built-in.o section .text exceeds stub group size
ld: block/built-in.o section .text exceeds stub group size
ld: ipc/built-in.o section .text exceeds stub group size
ld: fs/built-in.o section .text exceeds stub group size
ld: mm/built-in.o section .text exceeds stub group size
ld: kernel/built-in.o section .text exceeds stub group size
ld: arch/powerpc/platforms/built-in.o section .text exceeds stub group size
ld: arch/powerpc/kernel/built-in.o section .text exceeds stub group size
ld: arch/powerpc/kernel/head_64.o section .text exceeds stub group size
  KSYM    .tmp_kallsyms1.S
  AS      .tmp_kallsyms1.o
  LD      .tmp_vmlinux2
ld: arch/powerpc/kernel/built-in.o section .init.text exceeds stub group size
ld: init/built-in.o section .init.text exceeds stub group size
ld: net/built-in.o section .text exceeds stub group size
ld: drivers/built-in.o section .text exceeds stub group size
ld: block/built-in.o section .text exceeds stub group size
ld: ipc/built-in.o section .text exceeds stub group size
ld: fs/built-in.o section .text exceeds stub group size
ld: mm/built-in.o section .text exceeds stub group size
ld: kernel/built-in.o section .text exceeds stub group size
ld: arch/powerpc/platforms/built-in.o section .text exceeds stub group size
ld: arch/powerpc/kernel/built-in.o section .text exceeds stub group size
ld: arch/powerpc/kernel/head_64.o section .text exceeds stub group size
  KSYM    .tmp_kallsyms2.S
  AS      .tmp_kallsyms2.o
  LD      vmlinux
ld: arch/powerpc/kernel/built-in.o section .init.text exceeds stub group size
ld: init/built-in.o section .init.text exceeds stub group size
ld: net/built-in.o section .text exceeds stub group size
ld: drivers/built-in.o section .text exceeds stub group size
ld: block/built-in.o section .text exceeds stub group size
ld: ipc/built-in.o section .text exceeds stub group size
ld: fs/built-in.o section .text exceeds stub group size
ld: mm/built-in.o section .text exceeds stub group size
ld: kernel/built-in.o section .text exceeds stub group size
ld: arch/powerpc/platforms/built-in.o section .text exceeds stub group size
ld: arch/powerpc/kernel/built-in.o section .text exceeds stub group size
ld: arch/powerpc/kernel/head_64.o section .text exceeds stub group size

When I compiled on intel, it seems all ok

  LD      init/built-in.o
  LD      .tmp_vmlinux1
  KSYM    .tmp_kallsyms1.S
  AS      .tmp_kallsyms1.o
  LD      .tmp_vmlinux2
  KSYM    .tmp_kallsyms2.S
  AS      .tmp_kallsyms2.o
  LD      vmlinux

And I didn't change the two .config files. I don't know why this happened.

lujun