[Cbe-oss-dev] spufs: issues in spu* man pages

Noguchi, Masato Masato.Noguchi at jp.sony.com
Wed Jul 25 19:08:18 EST 2007

Hi,

I noticed some trivial issues in spu* man pages Arnd posted here
before. So, I report them.

* Section number of spufs

  The filename is "spufs.7", but "2" is specified in it.

* Default mode of spufs

  man pages says that the default mode of the top-level directory in
  spufs is 0755, but actually kernel sets 0775. Which is correct?

* SPE_EVENT_INVALID_DMA

  spu_run syscall may return SPE_EVENT_INVALID_DMA as event, but
  it is not documented in man pages. I guess it's simply forgotten to
  add.

* SPE_EVENT_SPE_DATA_SEGMENT and SPE_EVENT_DATA_STORAGE

  On current implementation, all memory access violations of spe dma
  are mapped to SPE_EVENT_DATA_STORAGE, and SPE_EVENT_DATA_SEGMENT is
  never raised.
  I feel any other events are well-defined because they are almost
  directly mapped from cell hardware interrupts, but above two are not
  so. Thus, more descriptions are needed, I guess.

What do you think?

Regards,