[Cbe-oss-dev] How is a debugger supposed to find the SPU's PC value in a CBE core file?

Benjamin Herrenschmidt benh at kernel.crashing.org
Mon Jul 16 07:52:17 EST 2007

> If you do not know which piece of (PPE) code will call that
> interface,
> and what PC parameter it will pass, you fundamentally cannot know
> where the context will continue.

Would it be useful to provide a mechanism for a debugger to set a "break
on entry" flag on a context, causing either libspe or the kernel to
trigger a breakpoint stop on the next attempt at running anything in
that context, regardless of the PC value ?

> struct spe_context_info {
>         int spe_id;
>         unsigned int npc;
>         unsigned int status;
>         struct spe_context_info *prev;
> };

I would define a version field too here.... just in case ;-)

Ben.