[Cbe-oss-dev] PS3 experimental patches updated

Geert Uytterhoeven Geert.Uytterhoeven at sonycom.com
Wed Jan 24 08:47:18 EST 2007

On Tue, 23 Jan 2007, Geoff Levand wrote:
> Geoff Levand wrote:
> > I changed the configuration of my ps3-linux.git repository to be
> > branched from Linus' tree.  This will allow easier merging with
> > other kernel source trees.
> >
> > Unfortunately, EVERYONE WILL NEED TO DO A FRESH CLONE.  Sorry
> > for the inconvenience.
> >
> >   http://www.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/geoff/ps3-linux.git/
>
> Just FYI,
>
> For anyone with existing local kernel repositories you can greatly improve
> the efficiency with the clone option --reference <repository>.  For example:
>
>   git clone --reference linux-2.6.git http://www.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/geoff/ps3-linux.git/

Thanks!

You can also improve network efficiency by using the native git protocol:

    git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/geoff/ps3-linux.git/

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

						Geert

--
Geert Uytterhoeven -- Sony Network and Software Technology Center Europe (NSCE)
Geert.Uytterhoeven at sonycom.com ------- The Corporate Village, Da Vincilaan 7-D1