[Cbe-oss-dev] PS3 Linux boot loader discussions

Gerhard Stenzel gerhard.stenzel at de.ibm.com
Thu Jan 18 07:16:30 EST 2007

> > media.
> >>
> >>   - ext3
> >
> > I would like to support ext3/ext2 as a mininum requirement.
>
> I think requiring ext2 for removable media makes sense, since the
> fs support will most likely already be included in the bootloader
> for booting from HD.

Right ... I don't think that this is a technical issue and I agree, ext2
should be sufficient as a minimum requirement.
It is more about the formal difference between "ext2/3 support is most
likely there anyway" and "ext2/3 support is guaranteed to be there" in a
valid boot loader. That's why I support the request for ext(2|3) as a
minimum requirement.