[Cbe-oss-dev] PS3 NFS root filesystem HOWTO

Geert Uytterhoeven Geert.Uytterhoeven at sonycom.com
Wed Jan 10 21:07:26 EST 2007

On Tue, 9 Jan 2007, Geoff Levand wrote:
> I put a first draft of my 'PS3 NFS root filesystem HOWTO' here:
>
>   http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/geoff/cell/ps3-nfs-root-howto.txt
>
> This note describes how to setup your PS3 to load the second stage kernel from a
> TFTP server and how to setup an NFS mounted root filesystem.

Looks OK.

> I would appreciate comments and corrections based on user experiences, as well as
> additional tips anyone would like to contribute.

You can also test TFTP using the `tftp' command.

You may want to emphasize the importance of the `-s' option for tftpd. On my
Debian server (which already was being used for TFTP), it wasn't enabled by
default.

BTW, when I copied my FC5 install from hard disk to my NFS server, I didn't
manage to boot from it: it always hung when starting udev.  This problem is not
present in the (older) FC5 NFS root I copied from you. That one worked fine.

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

						Geert

--
Geert Uytterhoeven -- Sony Network and Software Technology Center Europe (NSCE)
Geert.Uytterhoeven at sonycom.com ------- The Corporate Village, Da Vincilaan 7-D1