[Cbe-oss-dev] ps3 experimental patches updated

Gerhard Stenzel gerhard.stenzel at de.ibm.com
Wed Jan 10 03:08:18 EST 2007

> They were meant for Paul's powerpc.git on that date (cfr. the comment at
the
> top of the series file).
>
> But if you remove the first two (USB-related) patches from the series
file,
> they apply to 2.6.20-rc4, too.

Thanks ..  that helped to patch 2.6.20-rc4

Next problem: dtc was missing. Installed the latest from
http://dtc.ozlabs.org/ .. Now the kernel compiled

Copied vmlinux to /boot, run "make modules_install", run mkinitrd, created
a new entry for the new kernel in /etc/kboot.conf.

When rebooting, I can select the new entry from kboot, the new kernel
seems to start booting (4 or 5 lines of text) but seems to hang when
trying to initialize the framebuffer. Rebooting in the old kernel works
fine.

Anything obvious I am doing wrong?

Thanks, Gerhard