[Cbe-oss-dev] Hardware watchpoints cause kernel hang

Paul_Rasmussen at playstation.sony.com Paul_Rasmussen at playstation.sony.com
Fri Feb 16 13:15:01 EST 2007

Arnd Bergmann wrote:

>On Friday 16 February 2007 01:09, Geoff Levand wrote:
>

>>The args are:
>>
>>  s64 lv1_set_dabr(u64 dabr, u64 dabrx);
>>
>>Good luck.  I don't plan to do anything with this.
>>

>Ok, that's the same as in beat/celleb, so my code may actually
>be right ;-). This definitely needs to be fixed on ps3, but
>I'm not sure if the fix is actually right, or if it matches
>the problem that was reported. Paul, are you able to reproduce
>the bug with my patch applied?
>
>	Arnd <><

Hi Arnd,

Thanks very much for this patch but "applying the patch" is easier said
than done for me.  I haven't built the kernel before myself and don't
have direct access to those who have.  If you can give me/point me at
some relatively simple instructions for doing this, I'd be willing to
give it a try but I imagine there are many issues involved before one
can just jump into the kernel building business.  For starters, the
source code I have access to doesn't match your patch.  So I think its
going to be up to someone else at Sony to build a patched kernel and try
this or give it to me to try.  I (or someone else) will let you know the
outcome when that happens.

Thanks,

- paul r.