[Cbe-oss-dev] Hardware watchpoints cause kernel hang

Paul_Rasmussen at playstation.sony.com Paul_Rasmussen at playstation.sony.com
Wed Feb 14 08:12:26 EST 2007

I have discovered that setting a hardware watchpoint in PPE code with
ptrace(PTRACE_SET_DEBUGREG, tid, 0, 6) for example and then continuing
the program causes our current version of the cell-linux OS to hang (its
a complete hang, not a panic and is repeatable every time).  Is this
something that someone could take a look at?  If there's any more
information you would like about this, please let me know.

Thanks,

- paul r.