[Cbe-oss-dev] spider_net problem in 2.6.20

James K Lewis jklewis at us.ibm.com
Sat Feb 10 03:36:55 EST 2007

  I do not believe ethernet will work on a DD2 blade on a later kernel
just by using an older version of Spidernet. My understanding is changes
were made in the kernel to support DD3 blades and these changes are not
backwards compatible, and THAT is the reason it won't work. If by some
chance you do get this working please let me know as there are a lot of
people who still have DD2 blades.

Jim Lewis
Advisory Software Engineer
IBM Linux Technology Center
512-838-7754

Gerhard Stenzel <gerhard.stenzel at de.ibm.com>
Sent by: cbe-oss-dev-bounces+jklewis=us.ibm.com at ozlabs.org
02/09/2007 12:54 AM

michael k lang <mlang at lanl.gov>
cc
cbe-oss-dev at ozlabs.org
Subject
Re: [Cbe-oss-dev] spider_net problem in 2.6.20

> Looking for help with spider_net on the 2.6.20,
> Problem is ethernet doesn't work.  Looks like it is revc a bunch of
> error interupts it doesn't know what to do with.
>
> in dmesg I get 390 of these:
> Got error interrupt on eth0, GHIINT0STS = 0x00000060, GHIINT1STS =
> 0x00010000, GHIINT2STS = 0x00000000
>
> followed by 13 of:
> eth0: forcing end of tx descriptor with status xa0000000
>

> I tried backporting the 2.6.19 driver that shipped with fedora core 6
> ( just dropping the 3rd argument in the INIT_WORK macro)
>
> I also tried putting back in some of the flags from the 2.6.19 version
> that were dropped in 2.6.20. but no luck I get the same behavior.
>
> If you look in lspci -vxxx I see different values in the output for
> 2.6.19 vs .20, but with no idea what they mean.
>
> let me know if you need more info, this is on an 2.4 GHz cell blade.

The current spidernet driver will not work with DD2 blades. You should try

to use the one from 2.6.16BSC4.2.X.

Regards, Gerhard