[Cbe-oss-dev] Support for embedded SPU ELF in dynamic libs

Maynard Johnson maynardj at us.ibm.com
Sat Feb 3 06:35:25 EST 2007

Arnd,
In one of the review comments to our OProfile-Cell SPU profiling patch
(see below), you mentioned that we may have to handle "an embedded spu
ELF file in a shared library object".  You state that our current
OProfile implementation does not support such a model.  That's a true
statement, since we were not aware of a requirement to support such a
model.  I gave Brian Watt a call to ask what he knew about this, and
he's not aware of anyone who's attempted to do this and wasn't sure if
it's a supported model.  He suggested I ask Alan Modra, who I put on cc.

      Alan, can you shed any light on this topic?

Thanks.

-Maynard