[Cbe-oss-dev] question about wireless in PS3

Guo Tang tangguo77 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 26 14:24:14 EST 2007

Gentlemen,

I have been using FC3 on PS3 for several days without any trouble.
I decided to give myself a break this afternoon. I booted back to
PS3 game OS (hold power button about 5 seconds). As expected, my
previous output resolution is gone. I set it back to 1080p. Played
COD4 for a while. I only updated COD4, no PS3 firmware update.

But when I tried to boot back to FC7 (OtherOS). FC7 is having trouble
in network. "Determining IP information ... Failed". I am sure there
is no Linux software change since I disabled yumupdatesd. The wireless
router should be fine, since my other computers can still use the wireless
router (It is a busyBox v0.61). I am guessing the press-it-5-second
have reset something in PS3 making FC7 not very happy.

Could anyone help me get my network back in FC7? Any clue what got
reset in PS3 making FC7 wireless gone?

This is actually the second time I had this trouble. Last time, I switched
back to PS3 to watch some DVDs. But I haven't disable yumupdatesd last
time so I thought some FC7 update messed wireless up. So I reinstalled
everything to recover from it. One day task to install FC7->yum
update->IBM sdk 3.0... other tools I need :(

Thanks, and Happy Holiday!
Guo