[Cbe-oss-dev] Empty kboot.conf, so what determines default kernel?

Christian Convey christian.convey at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 23:56:18 EST 2007

On Dec 20, 2007 10:32 AM, Goffredo Marocchi <panajev at gmail.com> wrote:
> You have to look at the kernels configured in /etc/yaboot.conf (the
> first kernel in the list is the one that will be booted by default if
> you do not select an alternative) :).

Thanks for the info.  But could you clarify something for me?

According to this:
   http://www.debian.org/ports/powerpc/inst/yaboot-howto/ch8.en.html
I'm supposed to run 'ybin' to activate any changes I've made to
yaboot.conf.  You didn't mention ybin, which makes me wonder the
following:

I had been thinking of the boot process something like this:
    kboot --> yaboot --> FC7

But is it actually the case that kboot, rather than actually executing
yaboot, actually does the work of yaboot by itself interpreting
yaboot.conf?  So is it actually:
   kboot (which reads yaboot.conf) --> FC7 ?