[Cbe-oss-dev] Custom partition layout troubles with Kboot?

Robert McGwier rwmcgwier at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 01:13:45 EST 2007

Edward Strong wrote:
> Still stuck on this, I'm afraid.  Any help would be most appreciative.
>
>> Apologies, I should have mentioned that I am indeed using the initrd
>> generated using the "make install" script in the kernel source.  Trying to
>> specify the direct path (boot=/dev/ps3da3) does work with the stock Fedora
>> kernel but not with the development tree kernel.
>>
>> Many thanks,
>>
>> Edward

That is my experience as well.  I cannot boot the latest git pull since
I do not allow LVM, etc. to start.  I am attempting to boot from
/dev/ps3da3 and it cannot find the right entry in /dev. I did the custom
partition when LVM would not work on the FC7 disks.

Bob

“An optimist may see a light where there is none, but why
must the pessimist always run to blow it out?” Descartes