[Cbe-oss-dev] RFC: cbe-thermal: read default targets from the device tree

Arnd Bergmann arnd at arndb.de
Thu Dec 6 10:35:48 EST 2007

On Wednesday 05 December 2007, Christian Krafft wrote:
> Do you want me to use these defaults, if no attributes are found ?
> Atm there are slightly different default temperatures in the code.

Good question. I think we can better leave the current defaults in place,
so we don't change the behavior on existing systems unless the firmware
explicitly requests it.
The defaults mentioned in my mail are meant to be used in the case where
the IPMI controller sets slow mode in case of overtemperature, so thermal
throttling using the DTS is only a last resort, whereas other systems
don't necessarily have slow modes set by another instance and need the
lower defaults that we are using right now.

	Arnd <><