[Cbe-oss-dev] usb + ps3 + xubuntu

Michael Ellerman michael at ellerman.id.au
Mon Aug 20 21:00:41 EST 2007

On Mon, 2007-08-20 at 11:28 +0200, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
> On Fri, 17 Aug 2007, HOLLI.AT wrote:
> > i'm using the PS3 and run xubuntu (7.04 - feisty) on it - this
> worked great but than i needed wlan so i had to get a cutom compiled
> kernel from www.psubuntu.com - so wlan was working but no card reader
> no usb devices,...
> >
> > yesterday i compiled (using git clone .../geoff/....) a new kernel
> 2.6.23-rc3 and i got wlan + card reader working - thats great...
> >
> > but i want to use ekiga (gnome meeting) with a webcam (logitech) but
> if i do lsusb i receive nothing and ekiga doesn't find a video
> device...
> >
> > what should i do to get usb working?
> >
> > do you have any information if the gspca is included in the kernel i
> use or do i have to compile this as well so the webcam can be used
> once usb is working?
>
> gspca is not included in the mainline kernel. It's also not included
> in Geoff's
> git tree.
>
> I know Debian has additional packages for gspca (gspca-source,
> gspca-modules-*), perhaps Ubuntu has the same?

The ubuntu kernel has a ubuntu/media/gspcav1 driver, which I assume is
the same thing?

http://kernel.ubuntu.com/git?p=ubuntu/ubuntu-feisty.git;a=summary

cheers

--
Michael Ellerman
OzLabs, IBM Australia Development Lab

wwweb: http://michael.ellerman.id.au
phone: +61 2 6212 1183 (tie line 70 21183)

We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors,
we borrow it from our children. - S.M.A.R.T Person