[Cbe-oss-dev] ps3-flash-util updated

Geoff Levand geoffrey.levand at am.sony.com
Sat Aug 18 04:11:13 EST 2007

Jeremy Kerr wrote:
> Geoff,
>
>> I added support for a simple flash database to ps3-flash-util.  It
>> is still a work in progress.  The interface has changed as below.
>
> One question though - I assume the intention of the 'owner' field is to
> allow different applications to have their own namespace for the key
> field - who assigns these?

I assign the owner values.  I expect to see an implementation of some
significance and a user following.  During development the
OS_AREA_DB_OWNER_PROTOTYPE value should be used.  I have defined a
value OS_AREA_DB_OWNER_PETITBOOT = 2.

I now have the index setup as a 5 bit owner and a 3 bit key, but
that is just an implementation detail that could be changed as
needed.